Industrial M.Sc./ internship project in strain engineering
- Are you excited to pursue your Master thesis or an internship in a start-up biotech company which focuses on sustainable production of biochemicals?
- Do you want to gain hands-on experience in state-of-the-art strain engineering tools?
- Cysbio ApS is offering a M.Sc./ internship project in strain engineering starting from Q1 of 2022
About the project
Cysbio specializes in metabolic engineering to make E. coli cell factories produce biochemicals. The advertised project is centered around genome engineering of our cell factory to optimize product yields and titers. You will follow the classic “build-test-learn-cycle” and working in strong collaboration with our scientists you will:
- Analyze the relevant literature and available data to choose genomic targets.
- Use molecular biology and state-of-the-art genome engineering tools to modify the chosen targets.
- Screen for improved production of target molecule/s in small-scale.
- Learn from insights obtained from screening, omics studies and fermentation to understand the bacterial metabolism and integrate the findings into the relevant cell factory.
What we offer
The opportunity to learn modern bacterial strain engineering techniques including several molecular biology techniques as well as small-scale screening and fermentation in an industrial setting. You will be working in close collaboration with our experts in the field and be part of a young and dynamic team. We recently relocated to new facilities in DTU Science Park in Hørsholm.
- You are pursuing a master’s degree in the field of Biotechnology or similar.
- You have knowledge of common molecular biology techniques such as PCR, restriction cloning, Gibson assembly and genome editing principles.
- Hands-on experience in the above methods is highly desired.
- You have knowledge of small-scale screening and sterile working techniques (Hands-on experience is highly desired).
- Knowledge about fermentation processes is nice to have.
- You are a team player and attentive to detail.
- You are fluent in English (spoken and written).
How to apply
Please submit a single pdf-file to email@example.com and include CB21MT2 in the subject line. The application should contain in this particular order: your application and curriculum vitae, your Bachelor and Master grades, list of references and recommendation letters if available.
The application deadline is December 14, 2021, but applications will be evaluated as they are received.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Belinda Escher (firstname.lastname@example.org).