Post-doc in Systems Biology
Will it excite you to work in a small biotech company focusing on diverse projects and being part of a team of engaged and creative professionals? Then Cysbio is looking for you as a Post-doc in systems biology to join our R&D group.
Post-doc in Systems Biology
We seek an energetic and structured person to take up new challenges in data driven strain improvement, to join our team of scientists working on different projects in a fast-paced start-up environment.
We have a two-year Post-doc position to join the strain engineering platform at CysBio. The position may be extended based on your performance and contribution to R&D activities. You will:
- Set up an omics and flux analysis platform.
- Use established E. coli genome scale models to understand the effects of perturbations done to the strain and/or production conditions.
- Join strain engineering campaigns of test, design and learn.
- Diligently registering your work in the digital platforms used at CysBio.
- Assist in carrying out fermentation and screening experiments for flux and omics sample generation.
- Generating samples, transforming and storing data as well as analyzing the data relation to models for generation of hypotheses for genetic modifications.
- PhD degree in systems biology, biotechnology, fermentation physiology, metabolic engineering, or a related field.
- Proven record of data driven strain engineering work in academia or industry.
- Hands on experience in omics sample generation and data analysis.
- Hands on experience with data analysis platforms such as Matlab, R script or Python
- Hands on experience in molecular biology methods of cloning, knock in and knock out techniques, preferably in coli.
- Good IT user and acquainted with electronic lab notebooks and digital data registration.
- EU citizen or have permit to work in Denmark and can start in few months.
- Fluent in English, speaking and writing.
How to apply
Please submit a single pdf-file to firstname.lastname@example.org and include CB20SB in the subject line. The application should contain in this particular order: your application and resume, list of references and recommendation letters if available.
The application deadline is October 7th, 2020.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Hemanshu Mundhada (email@example.com).
Located in Hørsholm north of Copenhagen, Cysbio is a metabolic engineering company focused on bio-based production of biochemicals that find applications in existing and novel markets. Cysbio was founded in 2019 based on technologies developed at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability, Technical University of Denmark, and we apply cutting edge synthetic biology and metabolic engineering technologies for our strain development. We offer a pleasant environment at DTU Science Park in Hørsholm, a competitive salary and opportunities for personal development in Danish companies. For more details, please visit www.cysbio.com.