Careers at Cysbio
Cysbio is a new metabolic engineering company focused on bio-based production of biochemicals that find applications in existing and novel markets. We are in a growth phase, looking for smart and passionate people to join our team.
Currently we have one open position (below).
If you are interested in an internship or a student project, please contact us at email@example.com.
Are you excited about working in a small team and on diverse projects in an early-phase start-up? Cysbio is looking for a new colleague to join our R&D efforts.
Cysbio is a metabolic engineering company focused on bio-based production of biochemicals that find applications in existing and novel markets. Cysbio is based on technologies developed at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability, Technical University of Denmark, and we employ cutting edge synthetic biology and metabolic engineering technologies for our strain development. We are based in Greater Copenhagen / North Zealand, Denmark.
Industrial Postdoc in Structural Biology and Biocatalysis
Are you an ambitious scientist with a drive to take up new challenges? Are you willing to work in a small team and diverse projects?
Cysbio has a received a grant from Innovation Fund Denmark (Innovationfonden) for an industrial Postdoc in the field of structural biology and biocatalysis. The grant is for three years and in collaboration with the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability at the Technical University of Denmark (www.biosustain.dtu.dk).
You will be in charge of computational modeling and docking studies of enzymes to identify the key residues in catalysis and stability, followed by engineering and characterizing them for desired properties. You would also be actively involved in developing the pilot scale process for the production of desired compounds.
The candidate should:
- Have a background in structural biology, protein modelling, protein engineering or biocatalysis.
- Have a relevant PhD degree degree.
- Be fluent in English reading and writing.
- Also enjoy working hands-on in the laboratory, and motivated by being involved in the realization of building better cell factories.
- Have excellent communication skills and a positive work and collaborative attitude.
Furthermore, we will value:
- Hands on experience in enzyme characterization, kinetics, assays and biocatalysis.
- Hands on experience in whole cell catalysis and immobilized process is an advantage.
- It is an advantage if you are an EU citizen or have permit to work in Denmark and can start with short notice.
How to apply
Please submit a single pdf-file to firstname.lastname@example.org and include CB19IPD in the subject line. The application should contain in this particular order: your application, resume and diplomas, as well as publication list (you may highlight your contributions), list of references and recommendation letters if available. The application deadline is September 15th, 2019, but applications will be evaluated as received, and we advise to apply early.
Feel free to send enquiries to Hemanshu Mundhada (email@example.com) for more information about the open position.