Student assistant with knack in chemistry and bioprocessing
Will it excite you to work in a small biotech company working on diverse projects and being part of a team of engaged and creative professionals? Then Cysbio is looking for you as a part-time student assistant to join our R&D group.
We seek an organized and dedicated student assistant to participate in fermentation, bioprocessing and lab maintenance work in our fast-paced start-up environment.
- Main task is to assist in taking samples during operation of fermentation and downstream purification of compounds of interests.
- Participate in ad-hoc operations in our laboratory; mainly restocking, preparation of chemical solutions and autoclavation.
- Be involved in the daily operation and strain screening work or similar tasks over time.
We offer training in state-of-the-art fermentation equipment and about 15 hour per week with some part spent during the weekend.
- Interest in biological production of biochemicals.
- Bachelor or Master student preferably from chemistry, (bio)chemical or biotechnological engineering background.
- Have experience with purification/separation processes, for example: filtration, evaporation, crystallization, column purification and solvent extraction methods.
- Some experience or open to learn fermentation and microbiology tools.
- Advantageous to have hands-on experience and confidence with organic chemistry and/or analytical chemistry.
- Have pride in being structured and reliable in the laboratory.
- Enjoy working hands-on in the laboratory.
- You are a collaborative and positive-minded team player.
- Are an EU citizen or have permit to work part time in Denmark and can start with short notice.
- Are fluent in English, speaking and writing.
How to apply
Please submit a single pdf-file to firstname.lastname@example.org and include CB21DSA in the subject line. The application should contain in this particular order: your application and resume, grade transcript, list of references and recommendation letters if available.
Though the application deadline is September 5th, 2021, we will initiate the interviews of interesting candidates before the deadline.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Hemanshu Mundhada email@example.com
Located in Hørsholm north of Copenhagen, Cysbio is a metabolic engineering company focused on bio-based production of biochemicals that find applications in existing and novel markets. Cysbio was founded in 2019 based on technologies developed at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability, Technical University of Denmark, and we apply cutting edge synthetic biology and metabolic engineering technologies for our strain development.